Our team was inspired by the want to learn more about working with a team, especially ones you don't know; pushing out a project is much harder but it ended up working very well.
What it does
Park Manager allows a park ranger to:
- sign in with a ranger id and stay logged in or log out
- record trails and log them in the map
- record different types of trail warnings
- view current geotagged location
- view different recorded trails
- see the current weather for the day using AccuWeather
- send out an SOS message if they are in trouble and view the mark on a map inside the app
- choose different types of maps including satellite, standard, and hybrid
- It also allows the user to view the app in dark mode.
How we built it
We used Adobe XD for the design prototype, coded the app in Xcode using Swift 4, and used AWS for backend storage, tracking, notification systems and scheduling systems.
Challenges we ran into
We ran into many challenges with creating the trails and recording them, and also having the user be tracked while recording trails.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We succeeded in making the design and nearly finishing the app completely for being pushed to the iOS store.
What we learned
Swift 4 is a hard language, and is especially hard to code while trying to learn at the same time. Moving design to Xcode is not very hard, and AWS works well.
What's next for Park Ranger Manager
iOS <12, Come see me and I'll install it for you. It will possibly be pushed to the iOS store.