Downtown Boston’s BS parking situation.
- Very high public parking prices.
- A huge concern for daily commuters.
- No existing platform to leverage a free home-owned parking spot, to earn money for the spot when vacant.
What it does
Our web application offers a platform for users to connect with each other and crowdsource parking solutions and provide a cheaper and more convenient alternative to parking.
- Users can either lend parking spots for a user-defined fee, and users can rent available parking spots through the app.
- Users in need for a parking spot can filter by location, date range, timings, and prices to match oneself with the desired available parking spot and make a booking through an online transaction.
- Lenders can put up their home-owned parking spots up for grab for a desired location and price and earn money
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Making the front-end interactive with here.com’s API. Finding good wifi & sneaking into the Engineering building. Bringing food over in the cold weather, consequently ordering Blaze Pizza.
Accomplishments that we’re proud of
The entire project; how polished, practical and functional it is.
What we learned
How to use MongoDB
What's next for Park n Go
- A user-friendly mobile application deployed on iOS and Android platforms
- A review and rating system generated by acquiring reviews by spot renters for each park spot they booked and use, in order to have a competitive and transparent environment for renters and lenders.