Wouldn’t it be nice if you could give a presentation or show a drawing to others on a nearby TV or projector right from your phone or tablet? How about annotate on that presentation or draw while your audience is watching on the big screen? Now you can with Presentation Mode for Papyrus!
Papyrus is a powerful and intuitive natural handwriting note-taking app with support for importing and marking up PDFs. With Papyrus you can take handwritten notes on your Android device and present them using HDMI®, MHL®, WirelessHD®, Miracast™, or any other display technology with dual screen capabilities introduced in Android 4.2 Jellybean.
Create a note from a PDF (slides, lecture template, mind maps, etc.) or various paper types. When you’re ready to present, connect your device to a secondary display and start a note presentation. Walk around, annotate, and even allow others to participate by passing around your device. Now anyone can write on the board right from their seat! With Presentation Mode in Papyrus, presenting is a snap.
- Present a note on a secondary display
- Show only the note’s content on the secondary display, without any of the app controls or "chrome"
- Show a splash screen while preparing a note, setting up a presentation, or switching between notes and other apps
- Display a note even while switching between apps (e.g. check email)
- Use Papyrus Presentation Mode in combination with Samsung Multi-Window mode to have multiple apps showing on your device screen at once, while only your Papyrus note is showing on the secondary display
Example Presentation Scenarios
- In a classroom, a teacher or student can import their presentation slides and walk around the room while presenting on the projector. They can highlight, fill in, and draw on slides with a pen or their finger during a lecture, then share a PDF of the presentation at the end of class. Increase student engagement by passing around the tablet to answer the teacher’s prompts.
- In a business meeting, a team can pass around a tablet connected to the conference room TV and brainstorm ideas together. A work document or presentation can be annotated and marked-up during a meeting for all to see. At the end of the meeting, the note can be easily exported and shared with everyone.
- At home, family and friends can play word and drawing games on the big screen. Play Pictionary® or Hangman without needing a giant white board or having to cram around a small piece of paper.
- Take notes naturally with a pen on active-pen enabled devices
- Take notes with your finger or passive stylus (non-active pen)
- Vector graphics engine
- Multiple paper types and sizes
- Import a PDF as a note
- Various tools for rich note-taking and markup (pen, highlighter, eraser, shapes, text)
- Undo/redo, select, move, and resize
- Change the color and weight of selected items
- Cut, copy, and paste items between notes
- Two finger scroll and pinch-to-zoom
- Two finger double tap to quickly jump to a specific zoom level
- Organize notes within notebooks (long press, drag and drop)
- Sort notes and notebooks
- Image import, crop, and resize
- Export notes to PDF, PNG, or JPEG for printing, archiving, or sharing
- Share notes with friends and colleagues via email, Evernote, and other services
- Backup/restore and export notes as PDFs to cloud storage providers Dropbox and Box
- Samsung Multi-Window support
- Shortcuts to create a new note or open a notebook
- Present notes on a secondary display
Papyrus takes special advantage of active pens on capable devices (e.g. Samsung Note) to provide natural, pressure sensitive handwriting as well as allow users to write with the pen and erase with their finger!
Go beyond paper with Papyrus.