Turn web surfing into a game

How it works

This Chrome Extension generates random combinations of words. The goal is to challenge user to find webpage(s) that contains those words. When found, the "monster" will "eat" paragraphs that contains those words.

Challenges I ran into

This project is originally intended for manipulating words within paragraph, but it was not easy. Since this is a team of one with time constraint, I reduced the features, switching from manipulating words to manipulating paragraphs. Timer was expected but it complicated the problem.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

Achieve a working app. Added animations (i.e. highlighting, fading out)

What I learned

Be flexible.

What's next for Page Monster

Timer, scoring system, word manipulation, animated canvas overlaying the webpage to actually show the monster

Share this project: