Fridge.cash is a self-refilling fridge
We completed development of a working product, check out the video above and the demo.
Vote for us! Send CCK tokens to
Fridge.Cash is a smart fridge that sells Club-Mate iced tea for BCH. Once the fridge has enough BCH to order a new round of Club-Mate iced tea, the embedded raspberry pi sends an order to a third party BCH Fiat gateway which sends the Fiat funds directly to a third party Club-Mate iced tea provider, and the order is made. The smart-fridge needs a human companion to fill up when the order is received.
It works like this:
- Customer deposits BCH to the fridges wallet.
- The customer takes ice tea from the fridge.
- The fridge monitors its own wallet balance to see when it can order new supply.
- The fridge automatically purchases more ice tea with door-to-fridge delivery.
The owner gets 7% sale profits for his service of doing (almost) nothing.
Detailed Project Description,
Fridge.cash consists of a RaspberryPi running a Vuex frontend and Node backend that communicates with the Bitcoin Cash blockchain through electrum.
The frontend is displayed in Google Chrome through a monitor ‘’embedded‘’ to the fridge. Its main purpose is to display payment information to the user. A QR-Code is generated with BCH-address and the amount required to pay for a Club-Mateiced tea is displayed in both FIAT and BCH with live-updates.
The backend keeps track of the fiat-to-BCH conversion rate while also tracking payments to the fridge address. The payment data is communicated to the frontend through a WebSocket in real-time.
Payment data is read from the BCH-address until it is observed that total fiat value reaches a given threshold of one new 7-pack Club Mate iced tea + 7% profit. The fridge then sends the money to a "helping human" to buy more Club-Mate.
The price for one beverage of Club-Mate is the remaining cost of a new 7-pack Club-Mate. The price is adjusted continuously. If the BCH price goes up, causing the balance in the fridge to increase, the remaining Club-Mate beverages get cheaper.
- Support for multiple types of refreshments
- Implement expansion for the fridge system where it orders a new fridge when the address has accumulated enough
- The fridge takes a cut from profits to replicate itself.
- The fridge orders another fridge when it accumulates enough money, replicating itself. The world will soon become a cold place as the fridges take over the world.