An interactive heat map showing crimes in the city so civilians can stay safe.
The police hub; automatically dispatches officers to the most urgent locations.
Ethereum distributed network for storing messages; no scaling database costs
Features include searching, reporting, and token balance
How It Works
- Reported crimes are geotagged and passed through a deep learning severity classification algorithm
- Live heat maps are populated based on the severity and the frequency per location using triangulation
- Messages are stored in a blockchain distributed network across user devices to prevent scaling database costs
- Civilians are incentivized to report with ethereum tokens awarded for reports that help solve crime
The result is that civilians can avoid / navigate around danger, search for and be notified of crime that may potential involve them, and police can better allocate resources to tackle incidents by urgency at a minimal cost. The community is also transparent and closer than it ever has been with a "I scratch your back if you scratch mine" mentality. All of this is done with the automation provided by machine learning and the distributed blockchain system.
- Tensorflow classifier/spam filter was trained using a bag-of-words and stemming technique
- Messages posted to the Ethereum network using Web3 & Solidity
- GeoLocation is gathered using Google Maps API
- Safe paths to navigate around crime calculated using the A star algorithm
- Server side logic is hosted on AWS Lambda
- The Police Portal is built on a Flask framework
- The Civilian Mobile App is built on React-Native
- Implemented crime searching using Elasticsearch
Dependencies to Run