Food is the most important need of ones survival. There are many poverty stricken people in the world devoid of this basic need. Using the technical skills developed we want to solve this problem by building an application for the Second Harvest Food Bank which is working hard towards this cause.
What it does
- Easier attendance system
- Novel Remainder system
- Offline access to the records and get it in sync when the system goes online.
How I built it
- We are planning the deployment of the application and the MySQL database on the cloud.
- The backend and the rest web services are built on node.js
Challenges I ran into
- The biggest challenge in the project is to handle the working of the application offline. We are still trying out ideas to implement this.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Good teamwork to arrive at a overall architecture
What I learned
- Learned how to tackle the complexities involved in building a real world application which will be helpful.
What's next for Online Food Harvesting System
- Check In with RFID or NFC based system with phones. Even can use barcode based systems with phone cameras.
- Can improve the application to run offline.