This game was created before the GWH for another hackathon 2 weeks ago. We are submitting this game again hoping to get feedbacks from the community, especially how to improve the leveling system.
Our game is inspired by Maple Story and features a multiverse theme inspired by Everything Everywhere All At Once. Designed to be accessible for beginners, the game includes unique characters, items, environments, and game play mechanics. Players can explore different multiverses, encounter creatures from alternate realities, and follow a fun and engaging story. This is a game that can be enjoyed by players of all experience levels.
What it does
In this game, players collect items and reach their destination while navigating a multitude of challenges and obstacles. With fast-paced platform runner mechanics, the game requires quick reflexes, strategic thinking, and precise timing to traverse each level successfully.
How we built it
We built our game using Python and the Pygame library.
Challenges we ran into
- Learning and using Pygame to create a game for the first time!
- Creating our own sprite sheets (pixel art) to customize our game
- Designing different game level patterns
- Having limited amount of time to build the game due to joining the hackathon close to the deadline
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating a fully functional game using Pygame
- This project was a true team effort, with our talented team members working closely together to - design, develop and implement an engaging and challenging gameplay experience -We believe that our experience will prove invaluable as we continue to create and innovate in different projects ## What we learned Our experience with Pygame was an incredible journey of discovery and learning. One of the highlights of this experience was gaining a deeper understanding of game development, realizing all the different components that go into building a game, including the process of creating sprite sheets and incorporating them into the game. ## What's next for On the run If we had more time, we would create more levels for the player to explore and implement more elements to the game. We also want to add more details to enhance the multiverse theme and the connection between each level.