Making the web a more considerate place and highlighting the empathetic importance of designing for access.
What it does
Chrome extension suite tackling:
- General visibility: font size, weight, color-corrections
- Alternatives to pictures: completing alt tags
- Accessibility shield: checking web page against accessibility rubrics, establishing trigger warnings / filters for sensitive material, detecting audio autoplay for hearing impaired people
How I built it
Challenges I ran into
Learning how to develop Chrome extensions in general--it was a first time for all of us..!
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Getting different functionalities working!
What I learned
How to create Chrome extensions, both globally for browser actions and locally for page actions--and in general how to manipulate the browser's rendering of your content.
What's next for Oink
- Enhancing color contrast for colorblind people
- Implementing language simplifier for language learners
- Adjusting blinking content for epileptic people
- Enhancing hands-free interactions for those with physical disabilities - https://handsfree.js.org/#/
- Evaluating websites with overall accessibility protocols and standards - http://accessibility.psu.edu/accommodations/