Ocra

We wanted to make something with OCR. Our first idea was to put images in folders based on the title of a sheet. It was quite... useless. And so, we tumbled our way to the idea of scanning price tags from a grocery store and having an application price match it from other stores nearby.

We learned a lot about time management, dividing up work, and playing to our strengths. We faced challenges ranging from merge conflicts and accidental overwrites to core features not working. We did have our victories in between, but they only made us realize how many more steps were required to complete our feature list.

Despite the bleak results and lack of success, we are much better prepared for future events like these in terms of better time management and not underestimating the work that needs to be done!

Share this project:

Updates