Imagine yourself one of the 100+ colleagues of the team who is launching a rocket to the Moon or rolling out enterprise-level updates over multiple systems. You have a strict plan which is already known by everyone because you performed multiple dry-runs. But the real launch is much different rather than dry-runs. And the price for a mistake might be huge: millions and millions of dollars or even human lives!
What it does
OCommodoreBot helps work on and execute Launch Plans; plus do your lessons learned for next time. It has two parts:
- WebApp - where you can prepare plans, do analysis and etc.
- Chat Bot - it participates in groups chat and organize and orchestrate actual execution of a prepared plan
How I built it
Main component is Orienteer. It's open-source and provides the required basis for building business applications like this one. Under the hood it's based on OrientDB (https://orientdb.org) - GraphDB which is being used for storing Execution Plans.
Plus Java API for Telegram has been used.
Please check the presentation for more details
Challenges I ran into
- Lack of time
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Working prototype
- Stability and easy use of Orienteer
What I learned
It's not so easy to speed-up video:)
What's next for OCommodoreBot
- MVP Implementation
- Multiple Instant Messengers (used by enterprise): Skype, Slack
- Integrations: MS Project, IT automation tools (Ansible), Workforce Management, Business Process Management (Camunda)
- Landing Page
- Targeting ads
- Building and adjustment of Financial Model
- Getting traction
- Looking for investors for Seed Round (Per FM: ~$250k needed for take off)
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.