Inspiration

We wanted to find a solution to get rid of food that we had lying around into something tasty.

What it does

Searches a database for recipes based on ingredients that a user inputs.

How we built it

We set up a web server with Google Compute Engine, we then deployed an apache2 webserver. Afterward we edited the site with php and css

Challenges we ran into

-Domain.com doesn't update nameservers quickly' -Google Compute Engine was hard to set up -Database quirks -Sleep Deprivation

Accomplishments that we're proud of

-We had a good looking website that works the way we intended. -Its a useful website -Worked as a team and accomplished goals in a timely manner

What we learned

-Google Compute Engine -The road is long, even with planning.

What's next for obtainthegrain.com

-Point domain to the webserver -Add nutrition API

Share this project:
×

Updates