Due to pandemic, the classroom experience for both students and teachers has been affected. So, we tried to provide a seamless and efficient classroom experience.
What it does
For teachers, we provide a plethora of features ranging from plagiarism detection in handwritten assignments to automatic class notes generation from recorded video conferences.
Using Dolby's integrated classroom SDK, we helped Obsidian reach a new standard. With classroom solutions from Dolby, we helped provide a seamless platform for both teachers and students to interact together, almost indistinguishable from an ideal offline classroom experience.
Teachers can record a meet, call on students to let them speak and take notes. They are also provided an interaction analysis based on how students interacted with the teacher.
How we built it
- We used TF-IDF to vectorize the documents and then calculated the cosine similarity between them to check for potential plagiarism
- We used React and Context (for managing global state) on client side to make a single page application with a good UI.
- We used Express, MongoDB on server side to store the details of users, notices and assignments with their url returned by the assignment files which were being stored on Azure's blob storage. -
- We used Dolby's Monitor API and Recording Service to record the lectures and Azures Cognitive Service to provide transcription and lecture notes.
Challenges we ran into
- Learning about Dolby's Communications APIs
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We were able to make something helpful for students and teacher by providing streamlined and efficient classroom experience.
- We are thinking of approaching instituitions and schools to provide them with our solution.