Big Data Analytics Project
|Name||Net ID||University ID|
Project Choice – We have selected the project area – “exploring NYC Taxi Trips”. We would use the following datasets –
- Yellow/Green Taxi Data
- Taxi Data
- Uber Data
- CitiBike Data
We are also planning to work with Stock Data and study various patterns.
Tasks to be carried out –
- Analyzing the taxi data to find statistical models, like Regions with large number of drop offs at morning peak hours to find work areas.
- To give other statistics such as time interval of the day when maximum taxis are used, areas with least taxi drop offs.
- Most popular taxi destinations such as tourist places.
- Taxi usage distribution over different seasons.
- Analyze Weather Information and co-relate with Taxi usage
- Mode of transport preferred by residents, eg. citibikes, taxis.
- Studying the Distances for Uber, NYC taxi, and CItibike. By doing this we may find a pattern such as for small distances residents prefer Citibike.
- Studying the stock prices for NYC cabs and Uber to find any pattern or impact of on each other.
- To create a website to visualize the data
|April 11||Submitting Project Proposal, Google doc and creating Github repo|
|April 18||Performing analyses and revising the initial plan accordingly and also develop new ideas while doing analyses|
|May 2||To create a web app for User Interface so that data analyzed can be visualized interactively|
|May 14||Testing the analyses and visualization and submitting the final report|
|May 17||Presenting the project analyses|