Wanted to show how easy it is to automate the deployment process using Git and function
What it does
The process is aimed to provide a simple function for updating Kubernetes cluster state using helm as deployment manager.
How I built it
- Created several Kubernetes clusters which I want to manage
- Created a GitHub repository to hold each cluster desired state
- Tested out several scenarios
Challenges I ran into
- Github webhook testing
- Some charts aren't well written so I had to support hooks for running raw
kubectlor other scripts.
- Configuration values are only available as environment variables
What's next for Nuclio GitOps
This can be extended to support additional tools other than
It will also be a good idea to add other sources (S3 maybe) for Deployment plans and kube config files.