Keeping track of our daily expenses can be sometimes difficult if not done wisely. How about solving this problem with just a few taps.
What it does
Budgetly is a native android application with tends to solve the real-life issues of keeping track of daily expenses. It also helps you customize the different categories of your choices.
- Authentication to filter registered users
- Biometric scan for solid security
- Quick addition of all your expense
- Build your own custom categories
- Add your all sources of money
- History of all the previous transactions
- In-app economic calendar to plan trades and portfolio reallocations
- Provides business and economic news
- Dark mode and clean UI
How we built it
This was built using android studio - Kotlin, Java. All user data is stored in Okta, using the okta mobile integration. Room DB is used to store all the expenses and transactions.
Challenges we ran into
- Illustrating expense data visuals in charts
- Adding custom categories inside the database
- Securing the app with biometrics
- Integrating native login
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Finally, we get to build an app that can be used for real-life situations. We get to know about the Okta workflow and smoothly integrated the required features in the app.
What we learned
A lot about making mobile apps more stable and making them more scalable. We have also explored the okta cool features and hence will surely use them in future hackathons.
What's next for Budgetly
Some more development is needed to make it more stable to support all mobile versions and making it ready for all types of mobile devices. We believe budgetly will impact a lot of users after refinement and more user testing.