Project 6 - NickCompleteInstagram
NickCompleteInstagram is a photo sharing app using Parse as its backend.
Time spent: 16 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- [X] User can sign up to create a new account using Parse authentication
- [X] User can log in and log out of his or her account
- [X] The current signed in user is persisted across app restarts
- [X] User can take a photo, add a caption, and post it to "Instagram"
- [X] User can view the last 20 posts submitted to "Instagram"
The following optional features are implemented:
- [X] Show the username and creation time for each post
- [ ] When the user is uploading a photo, show a progress indicator to show how much of the photo has been uploaded
- [ ] User can connect his or her Facebook account
- [X] User can comment on a post
- [ ] User can see all comments for each post after being stored in database
- [X] After the user submits a new post, show a progress HUD while the post is being uploaded to Parse.
- [X] User Profiles:
- [X] Allow the logged in user to add a profile photo
- [X] Display the profile photo with each post
- [X] Tapping on a post's username or profile photo goes to that user's profile page
The following additional features are implemented:
- [X] Cleaned the UI and UX.
- [X] Added a Sign Up view.
- [X] Added fading and rotating pictures on login.
- [X] User can take a photo with the camera.
- [X] User can pull to refresh.
- [X] Added a detail view controller.
- [X] Added an edit view controller.
- [X] Added a comment view controller.
- [X] Implemented closures.
- [X] Added a header to each post.
- [X] User can comment but it does not save in the database.
- [X] Added the ability to see a larger image of any user.
- [X] Secure password entry.
- [X] Alerts so the user knows the error.
Please list two areas of the assignment you'd like to discuss further with your peers during the next class (examples include better ways to implement something, how to extend your app in certain ways, etc):
- The best possible way to store images so that every image is scaled correctly
- How to make the query faster because there is a delay
- How to add a comment block under each post properly
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories Part 1:
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories Part 2:
GIF created with LiceCap.
Describe any challenges encountered while building the app.
Copyright  [Nicholas Miller] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.