Problem to Solve
- Aggregated NFT data is only available in the specific chain, which makes it harder for the TRON NFT project
- NFT API is usually not open source. So The community can not manage it
That's where NFTBeats comes in. We're the service for tracking NFT on the TRON blockchain. With our easy-to-use platform, you can quickly and easily see NFT-related data and use it in your dApps with our open-source API.
NFTBeats only uses the open-source library and framework so that it can be run in any environment.
Dune Analytics and Moralis inspire us. Two industry leaders in the world of blockchain data aggregation. And just like them, we're committed to providing our users with the most accurate and up-to-date NFT information possible.
How we built it
I built an ethers.js provider wrapper for the TRON blockchain, then used the provider to fetch block and transaction receipt data through JSON RPC API, then parse it into the NFT transfer log.
Then the data is served by GraphQL API.
Challenges we ran into
TRON blockchain block-producing time is 3 seconds, much faster than Ethereum.
This speed makes data syncing a bit difficult. I had to build a parallel processing architecture by google cloud run.
And data API should be very flexible, I used Hasura for the GraphQL engine, and it makes development much faster.
Possible Business Model
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Successfully built the syncing backend and API with a beautiful front end.
What we learned
- TRON and Ethereum difference
- How to build a backend to sync blockchain information
What's next for NFTBeats
- More data to sync, such as NFT metadata
- Sync all block data and calculate the approximate running cost, then decide premium plan fee
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.