People are transitioning to the mysterious world of Web 3.0 filled with amazing secrets. With the amazing secrets being powered by emerging blockchain technologies, people can engage in various stuff.
One of the stuff we are dealing with here is - NFT - a non-fungible token. Our main inspiration behind NFT Craft was to create a platform where anyone can draw and create their own NFTs. Just show your inner creativity and bring that Picasso inside you to create an amazing NFT on Solana and own it.
What it does ❔
Simply stating, it let's you create your own NFT.
To elaborate, one can visit the canvas page of the website we have hosted.
- On visiting the canvas page, you can show your creativity to create a cool NFT design. The user is provided with basic elements for drawing for adding flair to your design.
- After you are done, you will be prompted to connect your Wallet(such as Phantom) with the application.
- After connection, simply click on - Mint your NFT which will create the magic of minting the NFT as per the design user has created on the Canvas.
Cheers! You are done. User can check his/her NFT in the NFT Marketplace as well as in their wallet.
How we built it 👨💻
The project tech-stack includes the following:
- Styled component
- Metaplex-js sdk
Challenges we ran into🚩
- Everyone on our team is new to the Solana ecosystem. So this was a big-blocker point for us to think about what interesting and useful product we can create with something we know little about.
- During development, the bad documentation for megaplex js SDK, since Like any other new technologies, there are zero to very few resources available for developing on Solana ecosystem.
- Minting NFT without candy-machine was a real blocker for us as most of the guides available on the internet use candy-machine for minting but our use case does not fit with that model and we created our functionalities from scratch.(about which we are proud of) :rocket:
Accomplishments that we're proud of 🎉
One of the biggest thing:
- Finished the project though everyone is very new to Web3 technology specially the Solana ecosystem
- The team-mates took responsibility over what tasks to do and learnt how to do them in a short span of time which is AMAZING!
What we learned 📖
Following would be a summary of our learnings from this project:
- How to mint NFT in Solana using metaplex-js sdk
- Connect a frontend with a smart contract
- Upload images to Arweave
- Learned about Next.js
What's next for NFT Craft 🔮
- Enabling multi-user development environment while working on the Canvas area for creating NFT design.
- Addition of social-media links with the help of which you can share your creativity with world