- Many of blockchain use cases, e.g.; supply chain; are about business processes that need to be shared between multiple participants, business enterprises, governments, 3rd party etc.
- managerial audience have almost no "direct" interaction with modelling , modification and execution of the process, developers, technical oriented material like smart contract implemented in programming languages, and long changes development lifecycles, set in between.
- bpmn Business Process Modelling and Notation have been stable for about a decade and widely used by enterprises like SAP, Oracle, etc.- not to mention similar in-house ones like AWS step, etc.
What it does
A parachain that exeutes business models directly targeted mainly for business managerial audience.
- it can integrate with existing smart contract ecosystems, for example Ethereum VM parachains, by means of precompiled contract interfaced to -check process status -perform activities -assign contracts.
How we built it
- Substrate pallet, in Rust
- dApp to model, start and monitor models, in polkadot js and bpmn-js
Challenges we ran into
- I'm new to rust, and not the best at front end development :)
- small snippets on the internet that do not work as expected, combined with my beginner experience with rust and substrate
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- invite more nontechnical audience to blockchain world
- better communicate between developer and dApp development business client.
- potentially cut down development auditing and deployment time and cost for business dApps
- Original work
What we learned
What's next for Next Step
- integrate with major parachains