We wished to create a good open source alternative for server management console panels. This would have been a perfect project to apply our knowledge of web development, networking and Linux and create a product to help others who aren't familiar with it.

What it does

It is a web application that runs on any web browser and allows you to handle your Linux based DNS, Web and Mail server remotely. It is similar to cPanel which is a graphical utility to manage Linux servers. It runs on port 80 and the best feature of this application is the easy and friendly graphical user interface.

How we built it

It uses PHP codes to interact with the Linux server. Some tasks are done directly through the PHP codes and for some, a shell script is created, executed to accomplish the task and then deleted as soon as the task is done. All the Script handling is also done through the PHP codes only. Just write the command inside <command> to execute on Linux.

Challenges we ran into

We struggled initially when we thought after developing an initial part of the application that it isn't running. We solved it and realised that we haven't given sudoers permission to Apache and that's the reason why a few functionalities were initially not working.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We are proud to learn and complete implementing all the modules and functionalities that we wished to add for the first iteration of this project. We later added various other functionalities during the interval of the latest Hackathon.

What's next for Network management console panel

We plan to improve the UI even more. There are a few known bugs that need to be taken care of, which we weren't able to do in the hackathon time phase.

Built With

+ 207 more
Share this project:


posted an update

This project is entirely different in terms of code and functionalities than the project submitted for the previous hackathon.

The entire project submitted for the previous project was scrapped and during the time of this hackathon period the project has been done. The reason for scraping out the previous project and rewrite it was due to the fact that the modification of the existing project would have led to in some way or the other the use of the existing code while creating the new functionalities. We decided that we'll be making a fresh start and push ourselves and see what can be done in the given time phase, even the fact that at the end of it we weren't able to combine the entire functionalities as well as we would have liked it to be due to the fact that we worked in parallel on different functionalities.

Have you would like the project.

Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.