With the recent and increasing lay-off in tech sector globally, job application will be on the rise with much competition and having a professional resume, will help you get noticied easily and increase your chances. The need for a community based resume template platform, where professional recruiter acts as a resume reviewer to review your resume and suggest tips that will help you ace your interview in your niche. NEAR-RESUME wants to help in creating a professional resume that gets the job.
What it does
NEAR-RESUME is a decentralized application (dapp) that enables you to create a professional resume from our collection of editable resume template in minutes.
- Use our resume template and make payment in NEAR testnet token, rate the recently used template and earn a 0.1 NEAR token, rating increases the usablity of a template.
- Do you have experience as a recruiter in a niche of profession? (like software development, nursing, teaching, Human Resource manager), signup as a reviewer and create your account. Get listed as a reviewer and get hired to review a CV, get paid in NEAR testnet tokens in your rate.
- Use a template to create your resume and pay in NEAR.
How to use a resume template.
- You select a resume template from our collection resumes.
- Fill the resume template with your details like profile, work experience, education and references.
- The resume template background color is editable.
- Upload a profile picture, if the template has provision for a profile picture.
- Login to your testnet wallet, Authorize application and make payment in NEAR token.
How we built it
I wrote a contract in rust that enables you to
- List a resume template by specifying its price in yoctoNEAR, title, amount of sold unit, template image, template ID.
- Get a listed resume template through its ID.
- Get all listed resume template.
- Buy a listed resume template after usage.
Tech stack Frontend: It was built with Next.js using typescript, redux for state management, cloudinary to save images. Contract: Rust
Challenges we ran into
- Writing a contract in rust and using Next.js not React.js as using window is quite tacky in Next.js
- Payment in NEAR, had issues with access keys.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Successfully able to write a contract in rust.
- Connecting the frontend to the contract.
- Payment in NEAR tokens.
What we learned
- Through the project, I learnt how to write a contract in Rust, as I had no prior understanding of rust earlier, I read the rust book, I read near documentation on rust, nft and NEAR 101 from decade.
- How to connect the contract to frontend using near-api-js.
What's next for NEAR-RESUME
- Create more resume templates.
- Enable chat between reviewer and their client.
- Make the application more robust via email notifications.
- Make the application much faster, as the pdf dependency is quite huge.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.