Ever since Covid-19 hit, our life style has changed dramatically. We go grocery shopping less frequently, we run out of meal ideas all the time, and in order to recover the stress brought by constantly hearing and reading news on Covid, we tend to overeat, especially when it comes to comfort food that increases risk in, but not limited to developing obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
What it does
Our web-app, **mypantry.space** helps users to adapt to a stress-free meal preparing process and food storage management.
It has 4 key features:
- Smart recipe generation recommends recipes based on what you have available in your fridge.
- Inventory management keeps track of what you have in storage,
- Receipt scanning automatically scans your grocery receipt so that there is no need to type in entries manually, and,
- Shopping list suggestion puts together a shopping list for your next grocery run based on recommended recipes.
How we built it
Node.js, Express, Mongo.db
Challenges we ran into
- Overestimating our programming capabilities in such a short time
- Brainstorming and coming up with an initial idea
- Different trip ups with each programming language
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- A working VMP
- Staying up until 4AM! -TEAMWORK -Hosting everything on the cloud
What we learned
-Start early -Don't nit-pick small things at the start -Important to have others from different background
What's next for MyPantry.Space
- Enhance the current features and maintainability of the code base