Alexa start my morning
Alexa start my evening
- Updated version: https://youtu.be/IAoGia6AELA
- Old version: https://youtu.be/UFMUuN1Y_XE
- Old Non-sped up version here: https://youtu.be/urDb1P7g4lU
I've always been intrigued by what makes some people highly successful; Oprah, Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss, etc. So I did a lot of research and discovered that most highly successful people have developed, over-time, certain common habits. For example, they exercise, they get up early, they're positive, they meditate, etc. To put it plainly, highly successful people start their days different than the rest of us, which enables them to accomplish more and fuel their success!
Taking the knowledge from my research, I wanted to build skills to help the rest of us become just as productive and successful.
What it does
With the My Morning skill, Alexa helps you start the day on the right foot by walking you through meditation, affirmations, visualization, gratitude, priorities, and stretching (optional), all in under 10 minutes. These are all things successful people do to start their day!
With the My Evening skill, Alexa helps you close out the day with mindful meditation and priority preparation for the next day, all in under 4 minutes!
Typescript NodeJS Webpack AWS lambda Azure DocumentDB
Challenges I ran into
Understanding Webpack well enough so that it would export the correct modules and run on AWS lambda correctly.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Building the two skills in tandem
- Connecting to Azure DocumentDB for future features
What I learned
- Azure DocumentDB
What's next for My Morning & My Evening
- Adding the ability for the My Morning skill to remember what you said your priorities were and the My Evening skill to check in on whether you accomplished those items.
- Add custom / dynamic stretches
- Add a streak counter for how long you've been using the skills
- Create a dynamic skill experience based on how long you've used the skill, so instructions won't be as verbose after you've used the skill for some time.