Do you want to meet the love of your life with a similar music taste? Have you ever been tired of constantly scrolling through profiles on apps like Tinder or Bumble and want a simple match? Well we have just the solution for you: Introducing MusicMatch!
What it does 💜
For our prototype, we were able to store users' Spotify tokens to access information about their music tastes.
Prototype (Dreams) 💭
The user will first login by connecting their Spotify account. Next, they will choose their profile information such as gender identity, sexual orientation, pictures, biography, and age. Then the user needs but sit back and let the matches come in through our custom algorithm! On the first of each month, each user will get a minimum of 10 matches and then have the ability to message their matches.
Tech stack 🍔
- React (Frontend)
- Firebase / Flask (Backend)
- Spotify API
Challenges we ran into 🤕
- Moving data from Spotify to local storage, into React, and then into Flask 😵
Accomplishments that we're proud of 🏆
- Getting the user's Spotify OAuth token and storing it in a unique document in Cloud Firestore.
What we learned 🧠
- Using Spotify API
- Combining a React and Flask application
- How to prototype a website using Figma
- How to work with python virtual environments
- How to use authorize using OAuth to access user data
What's next for MusicMatch 🔨
- Matching users
- Customizing user profiles
- Selecting based on distance