Having lived in Mumbai for many years, I understand how difficult it is to travel and move around during the Monsoon. With Water Logging and delays in Public Transport, I definitely feel that the mobility can be improved with the help of technology. And so, Mumbai Monsoon Helper is an attempt to provide a solution for Mumbaikars to face the Mighty Mumbai Rains.
Mumbai Monsoon Helper is an Android Application and the solution, itself is a journey, with many features planned in future which shall also leverage OpenXC Platform. The idea is to develop the application with more features and make it available over a number of platforms.
Features of Mumbai Monsoon Helper:
- Provides Current Weather Details and Weather Forecast
- Information on Water Logged Areas with Severity Details
- Crowd sourced Information for Water Logging
- Provides Weather Map for the Next Few Hours
- Navigation System with Optimised route which shall avoid Water Logging
- Intelligent Algorithm to provide more weightage to most recently reporting Water Logging
- Intelligent Algorithm to cater to receding of water from the reported Water Logged areas
- Real Time Information on Public Transport
- Real Time Information Sharing via IoT Platform
Future Enhancements by Integrating OpenXC:
- Use Vehicle itself as a Internet of Thing device to gather Information like Current Speed, Wiper Blade Status, etc. to assess the current Water Logging and Mobility Issues across Mumbai
- With Vehicle as Internet of Thing device, use the Information collected to update the Water Logging Heat Map in real time, without relying on Crowd-Sourcing
- Provide real time route alternatives within Navigation System with routes that avoid Water Logged areas
With Mumbai Monsoon Helper, Make your Journey a Breeze...!