More and more people choose trains as a transportation media which sometimes results in overcrowded trains and train stations especially in peak hours.
What it does
We designed and built a context based passengers distribution system.
The context comes from both historical data about passengers load and from real-time data - sensors mounted inside the train cars and train stations (e.g. Siemens platform).
- Provides passengers with information about expected/current load while planning the trip
- Provides passengers with targeted automated suggestions on how they could distribute on the platform/within the train. Currently available toolbox:
- even distribution of passengers within the coaches of the same class
- free upgrades to upper class service for loyal passengers
- discounts for coffee&croissant in local coffee kiosks to temporary unload the train zone
Interaction with passengers happens over mobile application.
How I built it
Six energetic drinks and two packs of cigarettes. Actually with Golang, JS, Bolt, Flutter.
Challenges I ran into
Lack of front-end development skills - took us quite a bit to emulate passengers behaviour for the demo.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
We finally did it.
What I learned
Increased JS skills.
What's next for MoveIt
An MVP on a pilot train station/train line.