A new year, new semester or new job beautifully symbolizes a new chapter opening. While so many people aspire to achieve ambitious goals, only 12% ever experience the taste of victory.
Have you ever given up on a habit or self-improvement? How about health and fitness goals? Was it due to:
- Lack of external motivators,
- Too sore making you miss your next planned workout, or
- Not sure where to start?
What it does
Motiv8 is a social media platform that motivates its users throughout their health and fitness goals through community engagement. We:
- provide workouts tailored to your goals
- help you understand nutrition
- provide a gallery for exercises
How I built it
- Defining features and functions (defining user behaviour patterns):
- messaging system (write and respond to peers)
- news feed (sharing ideas)
- media support (posting photos and videos)
- comments (feedback in news feed)
- security (privacy settings, strong authentication)
Challenges I ran into
- Finding a realistic project pertaining to our skill-set.
- Technical barriers - learning languages, frameworks and libraries.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Finishing a product, from ideation to prototyping.
- We got to sleep!
What I learned
- Tackling a business problem that touches the community.
- Technical skills in front-end web development.
- Collaborating with a diverse skill-set, from business to development and design.
What's next for Motiv8