Idea famine solved by Jesus and a can of coke.
What it does
The program takes in 2 things, an image or GIF, and a search term. the program then proceeds to convert that image of gif into groups of mosaic tiles made up of sub images of your search term.
How I built it
We built it using java, We used bing to handle our search requests and swing to build our GUI so we didn't have to use the command prompt
Challenges I ran into
Categorising Images is a lot harder than expected. Initial attempts even included machine learning models however in the end we stumbled across a formula that gave us the best result.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Deciding together on a project, allocating sub tasks to each other and watching it all come together smoothly. The gif capability was also pretty fun and really cool.
What I learned
We learnt a lot more about working and coding together in a group project.
What's next for Mosaicly
An android application that converts real time video into mosaics