What inspired us to create this project is one of our teammates is a Funeral Director and he explained to us that when funeral directors go to pick up bodies in different facilities (hospitals, hospices, nursing homes.. etc), sometimes it is difficult to find where the morgue entrances are which can be time consuming and a hassle.

What it does

Our project is a cpp file that asks the user to first select a borough. After the user selects the number, a list of hospital names pop up and the user selects which one it needs the information of. Once the name of the hospital is selected, the address, map coordinates and phone number appears.

How I built it

Built using c++ language and text files containing facility names / morgue pin locations

Challenges I ran into

The problem we had was actually getting google maps api to work with bubble so we created text data files ourselves that can be easily expanded/edited and pulled to the program for reading.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

We are proud of how far we came with this project. We did something out of our comfort zone using bubble.

What I learned

We learned how to use bubble to make our ideas become realistic and create an app from it.

What's next for Morgue Maps

The next step for our project is getting the api to work and turning it into a graphical app with an interactive map!

Built With

  • bubble
  • c++-language
  • funeral-directors-database
  • google-maps
Share this project: