Like the movie Gravity, Moon Alone explores the fragility as well as the strength of human life under total isolation.
What it does
Moon Alone is a Sci-Fi game that explores the concept of surviving on the surface of the moon alone. The player is stranded on the moon with low Oxygen Level and receives almost no communication from outside. They must solve a Maze in order to gather as many oxygen tanks as possible while waiting for the potential rescue to come.
How we built it
We built it with Unity.
Challenges we ran into
- Merge conflicts
- Team dynamics
- Learning unity 3D from scratch
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Intuitive & seamless movement
- Futuristic Graphics and Settings
- Engaging story of surviving on the moon
- Challenging Maze
What we learned
- How to use Unity to build games
- How to map the Vive headset and controllers to the game
- How to make player's movement inside VR more intuitive
What's next for Moon Alone
- Fix minor bugs
- Make grabbing the Oxygen Tank more intuitive
- Add the prerecorded audio files
- Build more interesting mazes.