Manage your expenses while traveling with just a click of the bill and we will do the rest.
Why the name Money Trek
The name is a combination of two words Money and Trek. Trek is a homonym for Track and we built this app keeping travel expenses in mind hence Trek.
Whenever I plan a trip with my friends, it becomes very hard for me to keep track of my budget during the trip, and handling various bills is very hard.
💻 What it does
Money Trek is a money-splitting web app where you can keep track of your budgets and calculate how much money you have to give or take from your friends. This web app can be very useful during trips and other occasions where calculation of budget and who pays for what is necessary. Alternatively, it also features a map where you can add all the places you have visited.
⚙️ How it works
- User need to Log In/Sign Up
- Then the user can upload the image of the bill or he/she can fill the form manually
- Then users can check how much money they have to give or take from their friends
- User can put up the marker on the Trip page, where can check afterward where they visited
🔨 How we built it
- Forntend: HTML, CSS, jQuerry
- Backend: Django
- Analyse Bill - Azure Form Recognizer
- Database: CockroachDB
🧠 Challenges we ran into
One of the biggest challenges was using backend Django with CockroachDB, as none of us has any experience of doing that.
🏅 Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are happy that we completed the project in this short frame of time and we learned a lot from this hackathon
📖 What we learned
How to integrate backend Django with CockroachDB, and collaboration.
🚀 What's next for Money Trek
- Adding more languages
- Information of nearby place(eg. hotel, restaurant)
Installing and running
pip install requirements.txt python manage.py runserver