A monday app for when you're not working.
Built for the Apps for marketplace monday.com hackathon challenge.
We've all been there - you're frantically toggling back and forth between the google search result for a stock and your main task at hand. You open the other browser only to find that you accidentally closed your other window where you were doing your work and lost your last three hours of data.
Not anymore; now you can watch your stocks and keep an eye on your finances right within your Monday.com account. No need to leave monday.com to check.
(also if you work in finance this app is right for you).
- Built from the monday.com react quickstart.
- Autocomplete for over 3000 supported stock symbols right in the UI.
- Financehub creates a websocket channel for each stock you add to your watchlist, receiving messages from finnhub.io for stocks you are tracking and updating in real time when available in the app.
- You stocks and symbols don't go away after you leave monday.com. Stocks added are saved using Monday.com's storage API to preserve your watchlist even when you leave the page or your monday app.
- Has a toggleable switch between the minimal card view with last price, and the graph trendline mode.
Run the project
In the project directory, you should run:
And then to run an application with automatic virtual ngrok tunnel, run:
Configure Monday App
- Open monday.com, login to your account and go to a "Developers" section.
- Create a new "QuickStart View Example App"
- Open "OAuth & Permissions" section and add "boards:read" scope
- Open "Features" section and create a new "Boards View" feature
- Open "View setup" tab and fulfill in "Custom URL" field your ngrok public URL, which you got previously (f.e. https://021eb6330099.ngrok.io)
- Click "Boards" button and choose one of the boards with some data in it.
- Click "Preview button"
- Enjoy the Quickstart View Example app!
Release your app
- Run script
npm run build
- Zip your "./build" folder
- Open "Build" tab in your Feature
- Click "New Build" button
- Click "Upload" radio button and upload zip file with your build
- Go to any board and add your just released view