When we go to access websites in another language, Google translate will usually come up to translate the text, however, Google translate does not translate text in the image on the website. So far, our project will translate text in images.

How we built it

We use Google API for text detection and translation. We also use Twilio so people can use the mobile version to detect the text. We also use opencv for drawing new picture with the translated text. We also use a little bit of imgur for uploading the picture online.

Front End: twilio Back End: Google API, Twilio, Imgur.

Challenges we ran into

A lot of challenges we encounter: we barely have any knowledge in Node.js, Python installation. But we are working in the group and help each other achieve the goal.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We finished this project in 24 hours.

What we learned

We learned a lot of new APIs that can help us in the field of computer vision and AI.

What's next for Mobile Static Text Translator

We will fully design google chrome extension, such as putting in a slider to adjust fonts or automatically adjust the fonts.

Share this project: