EMT Kit - In-field
Mobile App - Flow
Mobile App - BetterDoctor
Mobile App - Flow 2
Often times when we get injured, we have to wait until we get to the hospital for a doctor to check our vitals and take the next appropriate action that could save our lives. Some accidents are time sensitive which could be life or death. So, we developed a completely mobile and wireless system that enables doctors to access your vitals from anywhere in the world in real-time and provide assistance remotely. The system will match you with the right specialist based on the type of incident. For example: A Neurologist can check the EEG readings of a patient immediately after a concussion or a seizure.
What it does
We equip EMTs with a kit and a mobile app. The kit is comprised of a wireless device that can record EEG and ECG.
The mobile app experience has three steps:
- EMTs can log an incident report from the app.
- The incident is broadcast to all available doctors with a specialty in the category of the incident. E.g. a Neurologist for a concussion incident.
- Available doctors get the physiological data in real-time from the wireless headset. They are able to provide instant remote assistance back to the EMTs.
How we built it
The Mobile EMT Kit
- Muse - a mobile EEG device
- Additional handmade ECG electrode
- Wireless hotspot
The Mobile App
- React application + BetterDoctor API
- Exocortex - a mobile health platform
Challenges we ran into
- Hardware/Cloud connectivity
- Integration with EEG wearable
- Ensuring end-to-end security and encryption of bio-data streams
- Integration with BetterDoctor API
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We made an app that gives anybody the ability to page a remote doctor and vitals in real-time so they can get the best guidance in a life or death emergency.
What we learned
- Distributed systems are awesome
- Security is hard
- Mobile health has amazing potential
What's next for Mobile EEG
- Add more wearables. E.g. EMG devices
- Go in the field to shadow real EMTs and tailor the experience to their needs.
See full presentation here: https://goo.gl/hY71Ge