42 Silicon Valley School community inspire us by:
- Its constant pursue to accomplish our own goals and not setting limits. We create this project within 7 days period.
- Its way to teach us how to learn by ourselves and that we can do greater things from scratch. Doing Trial and error
- Diversity, community of people of different gender and race; who come together for same interest
What it does
Miss Bot learning how to code through jumping over elements and if she misses an element she falls directly into the black hole and her score gets reset. When users taps the screen after fallen into black hole, miss bot gets put back to its place where she left off.
How we built it
We built this project in the course of 7 days, learning AR platform from Scratch. We use background loops, audio, scripting, which the whole group was involved in. Cynthia designed Miss Bot's character, background, and elements.
Challenges we ran into
- When exporting the AR Platform, it doesn't support Facebook because of 2mb cap, but supports Instagram 4mb.
- The AR platform being new for us.
- Group Language barrier: English and Spanish. (google translate)
- We could put a background in front of loop.
- Group member schedules conflicts
- Pulling all nighters
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- self learning and team spirit
- We come in full package: designer, video edition, creativity, organization skills.
- The game has sound, does face detector, miss bot's character, the overall look of the game, and the animation.
What we learned
- We learned how to use the AR Platform, learning the x, y position (how to pivot between objects), one of the members learned a bit of Spanish, how to control audio in AR platform, and work within a short deadline.
What's next for Miss Bot's Classroom
We would like to put the instructions at the beginning of the game (canvas before loop). We can make the numbers work like levels, instead of constant loop and once fallen into black hole the character resets back to the first level.