MIRЯOR helps professionals perfect their elevator speech and common interview questions.
How does MIRЯOR work?
Job seekers can record their responses to common interview questions and get meaningful feedback from our intelligent algorithms.
Emotions, word usage, and general attitude is accounted for in generating a comprehensive report.
MIRЯOR gives feedback on how professional a candidate appears based on how relevant their experiences are based on a given job description.
It only takes 90 seconds for a recruiter to decide whether or not they will hire someone. Despite being the most popular interview question of all time, "Tell me about yourself" is considered one of the most difficult questions to answer. We wanted to help students and professionals work on presenting their best front forward.
What it does
MIRЯOR is an interview tool that employs intelligent algorithms to give job seekers meaningful feedback on how they can perfect their elevator pitch and common interview questions.
How we built it
We used Node.js as a server-side application to access Google APIs. We then applied the Google Natural Language API and Cloud Speech-to-Text to gain insight into emotions and tones expressed through a candidate's voice.
Challenges we ran into
- Interacting with the Google Natural Language API, Cloud Speech-to-Text
- Interfacing between the front-end & the back-end
- Incorporating and parsing video & sound files from a microphone and webcam
What's next for MIRЯOR
- Implementing additional APIs to further increase accuracy of feedback
- Adding a database to keep track of users and demographics to improve interview tips