It's been hard for people to maintain healthy habits, especially with everyone stuck indoors.
What it does
We wanted to help change that with Mior, an app that would consistently remind people to build up habits, whether it may be to remember to stretch or to drink a glass of water.
How We built it
By watching YouTube tutorials, we were able to adapt what they were doing and apply it for our own project. Examples of this include creating multiple activities that lead into each other, or representing the alert data inside of a recyclerView.
Challenges we ran into
The most challenging thing was learning how to use Android Studio in the time constraints while not falling behind on our university studies. We faced many errors that took a lot of time and digging to fix.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Learning how to build an Android application for the first time! Although we were not able to accomplish everything that we wanted with Mior, it was a good first step to developing more apps in the future!
What We learned
Android Studio, Java, how apps and their "scenes" work
What's next for Mior: encouraging healthy habits
We plan on adding various features, including the ability to:
- Create custom routines based on games
- Base reminder intervals on average game length
- Have custom image support for both games and reminders
- Set follow up reminders if the initial alert gets no response
- Base alert timings on either game time, round(s), or custom intervals
- Toggle game routines and their respective alerts on and off.