- As CS and DS students who strived to learn from scratch, we understand how demotivating the intro to programming sometimes be. As a result, we decided to create a new project to alleviate this problem for newcomers, which is also influenced by our previously build chatbot: UBCchat.
- Also the name is inspired from a joke in How I Met Your Mother.
What it does
In order to incorporate teaching into chatbot (or the other way round), the project serves as a chatbot that provides a tutorial to create more chatbots. Users can access it with Facebook Messenger, then follow instructions and steps to create fully-functional chatbots. On top of that, the created chatbots are customizable, so learners have some control and interaction with their products rather than merely completing a fixed achievement.
- Facebook Individual Review has been closed due to Covid 19, therefore, I can not publish the chatbot.
- Heroku server will shut down without any action (Resolve).
- Facebook Graph API provides too little requests.
- Facebook Graph API's upgrades are a little bit confusing.
- Implemented Typescript.
- Built a Music Discord Template to support this app.
- Wrote a tutorial to deploy this app as well as the Music Discord Bot.
- New personalized persistent menu implemented.
What we learned
- Messenger Bot deployment.
- A more advanced Discord Bot Template.
- Code rearrangement for better understanding and maintenance.
If you need to try the bot, please contact me so I can give you the developer role in order to experience the bot.
ketphan02. "Discord Music Bot Template".
ketphan02. "UBC Chat".
Jordan Irabor. "How to Set Up a Node Project With Typescript". Digital Ocean.
FACEBOOK for Developers. "Messenger Platform".
Seeklogo. Two vector logo files of Messenger and Discord.