This is inspired by Uniswap token Airdrop using Merkle-tree verification for cost efficiency bridge.
And also MinterToken for the idea that "being NFT minter is fun and rewarded, and SBT can be used for it"
I combined this two into a Merkle NFT bridge.
This has merit for the Moonbeam can accept Ethereum chain payments, and distribute NFT in Moonbeam chain in very efficient way.
What it does
- Give SBT in the source chain in the initial user mint
- Generate Merkle proof, verify it in the source chain, then transfer it to the target chain by Axelar.
- User can claim or airdropped the NFT when the root is transferred to the target chain.
How we built it
Technical detail and local development is on GitHub https://github.com/taijusanagi/NFT-merkle-bridge#local
For cross-chain messaging, we use Axelar.
Challenges we ran into
- I needed to learn how to use Axelar from scratch, so I attended workshops provided in the hackathon.
- Axelar-related topic is hard to debug, so it took more time than expected.
- I had no time to complete the frontend
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We are successfully finished integrating Axelar
- Merkle tree-related function is working fine
What we learned
- New technology for the cross-chain messaging
What's next for MerkleNFTBridge
- Try to implement this NFT issuing model to our client.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.