Note: The video posted is a test demo. What we had planned to do was have information and questions spread out. Also for demo purposes we just showed the text, in actual game deployment it would be either played from google home so you cant see the text, or we'd block the text on your device. This is an audio game. For example, you would most hear 3 people introduce themselves and some info about them (for test purposes their fav number), and then you would be introduced to someone who also asks about one of the people who you have met before. MemorAudio challenges your attention and ability to remember things people tell you.

How do you play?🤔

You start off meeting some new people and learning a fact about them. Every once in a while, you will encounter some people who will also ask about what you have learned about someone you've met before. Every time you help them out and answer truthfully, you get a point! Pay close attention as things get trickier and info gets harder to remember!

How'd you come up with this!? 🔊

We were thinking of creating a game and came to the realization that not everyone can play modern games as we can. Visuals are a huge aspect of almost all modern games. We decided to make a game involving listening. Not everyone is such a good listener, (Farzad keeps daydreaming too dw) so we decided to make a game challenging your human RAM.

How we built it 🛠️

Our front-end was developed using the extremely fun and intriguing platform on Voiceflow, creating the entire game on a Voiceflow project. The front-end was supported by our in-house, custom-built APIs. Our game uses APIs that fetches random variables from databases hosted on CockroachCloud. We stored valuable information and data for the game on CockroachDB.

Challenges we ran into😪

For over 3 hours, we were stuck at the same point with our backend program. The program would not create a database upon start, which we needed to record data. With some mentors (5 different mentors came by!) we tried editing some library source code, re-writing some files, searching a LOT of stack overflow, and of course, LOTS of debugging. Turns out it wasn't the code that was wrong (although there was a small typo where I had forgotten an 's') but the command to trigger it. Once we ran the commands to create the database, our API worked as expected!

Accomplishments that we're proud of🏆

Really just building the game. We didn't quite know what we wanted to do, even on the first few days of the project, yet we tackled lots of huge problems to get here. We've built our own API using flask, built an entire backend to connect to a database using django, and building the game itself on Voiceflow.

What we learned🧠

We've learned that a team is very important. Because of conflicting schedules with things like school and work, the team was not working together most of the time. However, once we were together, we worked very efficiently, figuring out the logic behind the game, the code behind the APIs, and making the front-end look nice and polished.

What's next for Memoraudio⏭️

Memoraudio has a huge path ahead of it. We plan to implement an account system unique to users where they can store analytics about their performance. We also were planning on implementing a leaderboard system to compare their scores to other people worldwide!


On Discord, you can reach us at joonsauce#8373 and CloseZad#0995

Built With

Share this project: