I love memes! You love memes! We all love memes! We all haven't met at all during the lockdown, communicating only through videos and photos and going down memory lane with our amazing photos with each other :) How fun would it be if a group of friends took their funniest photos with each other and meme-ified them?! That is the inspiration for our game!
What it does
It's a Battle Royale where players compete for the crown of Meme-Lord.
- At the beginning of the game, you and your friends can upload your funniest pics, or any pics that you want to memify.
- Once everyone is ready, the rounds begin.
- In each round, you can edit the photo through our editor suite in a fixed time(can't take forever!)
- Now, the fun begins. We vote for our favorite meme from the memes that our friends put up.
- We keep track of the votes over the rounds and the one with most votes is the one, the only, the meme lord.
How We built it
We made use of Flutter and Android studio along with Firebase for the database connections.
Challenges I ran into
- Trying to maintain sync between all players using firebase lead to some pretty hard to figure out bugs and we learnt a lot along the way.
- We learnt how to make use of Providers and Contexts and best architecture practices for app development using Flutter.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Made an extremely fun to play game! We managed to pull this off within 36 hours while co-ordinating virtually and through github(trying to avoid merge conflicts!)
What I learned
Flutter, Firebase, Concurrent coding, game design
What's next for Meme-battle
- We plan to improve the code architecture further.
- We plan to throw random meme templates to players to see their creativity
- Improve our editor suite
- Play it with all our friends