When I am writing an email, my main concerns are to not be repetitive! to be creative and if I'm transferring my message in the best way possible! ( is there a better word? is there a better sentence? is there a better way?! ). That's why I created Melp! to Help Me to be able quickly and effortlessly to look at, get inspired and use, hundreds of thousands of email templates that exist out there!
What it does
Melp is simply a smart way to categorize everything and find what you need for you by asking 3 basic questions! What? Who? and Why! and it helps you answer them as well! with auto-completion, just start typing and done!! It helps users creating beautiful emails faster, easier and more efficient without worrying about being repetitive in their emails, spending too much time to find out the best way to say something or just needing some inspiration!
How I built it
I used Microsoft API, documentation, and SDKs, in addition, I used React/Redux/Node.js/Express as my development platform and hosted the application on Microsoft Azure web-app templated VMs..
Challenges I ran into
The biggest challenge was to learn and understand the Office API which was new to me, but there were good tutorials and some documentations that made it easier!
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I finished a polished and functional product! It really is production ready as an MVP and I really would like to be able to improve and develop it more to its next levels!
What I learned
How easy could it be to develop cool stuff with Graph and Office APIs!
What's next for Melp!
If I get good feedback on it and find it successful, I would love to develop it a bit more, add all the primary features I had in mind for it ( will follow ), publish it to Microsoft Office marketplace and maybe even make it open-source and let the community be involved in the project and let the project to become a simple example of an office add-in project!
- ( it supports I18N so: ) Adding language switch and localization auto-detection.
- Adding a few templates for other languages that I can write!
- Making it posible for users to create and add templates to the database ( a matter of UI )
- User account management ( So users can keep their settings, favorites, etc )
- Voting/ ranking system for templates.
- Add the source / author to the templates.
- Adding the possibility to create libraries and adding to favorites for users.
- Adding some AI that would predict and present what user would probably like more first.
- Rich text, html and MarkDown are supported right now but I'd add them to the UI as well (when adding/creating a template)
- Add a direct feed-back button that would send the users feedback, tagged, directly to my inbox!