We have enough meeting apps free and paid, but they are all boring because they stick to what they r meant for, i.e, meetings.. Its not a bad thing but it makes it very old school and boring.
What it does
What I have created in the Megoloverse prototype is a virtual space for hackathons, expos, art galleries, and even fun meetups. The virtual space has a customizable map with support for interactions and storing the state of activities in database. It uses spatial audio from dolby.IO for more dynamic experience.
How I built it
- Dolby IO for communications and spatial audio
- Angular front end hosted on github-pages
- Express, NodeJS backend hosted on netlify
- MongoDB database
Accomplishments that Iam proud of
- Easiest tool to start a meeting. (just give the name of your space in url ... thats it !!!)
- Interactive custom map (map is pan - zoom capable and mobile friendly)
What's next for Megaloverse
- GUI for admins to configure custom maps
- Isolated spots for private chat
- Interaction on the map can be saved, which gives possibilities to create new widgets, games , physics simulations which can be saved to database..(what you do in Megaloverse .. stay in Megaloverse )