In today’s world, there are many technological advancements in the medical field. Doctors have found ways to deal with diseases and provides effective solutions. However, it is very hard for patients to locate hospitals near them that provide the necessary resources, especially in emergencies. This inspired us to create MedCheck, a web platform that is designed to show the available resources at the nearby hospital(s) within the perimeter of the user's location. With this website, we hope to help patients receive the care they need.
What it does
MedCheck is a web app that
- helps the user find hospitals near their location
- find out how many patient units are left and how much people can be served
- look at approximate waiting time and doctor availability
- staff can update more information about their affiliated hospital which can greatly improve patient care
How we built it
- UI design: Figma
- Frontend: Chakra UI, React JS, Tailwind CSS
- Backend: Prisma
- Chatbot: AI
Best domain from domain.com
Challenges we ran into
- We had to brainstorm and come up with a feasible idea that was innovative and could be implemented within the given time frame.
- Some of our teammates did not have much experience using building a website and they had to learn more about it especially when it came to fixing issues.
- We were located in 4 different time zones which made it a bit difficult to collaborate, but we managed to get the project done.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Completing the project within the given time frame.
- Implementing a functioning backend
- Using an aesthetically pleasing UI
- Building a great website that is user-friendly and adheres to the theme
What we learned
- Collaboration with other developers
- Efficient time management
What's next for MedCheck
- Building a mobile app
- Gathering more relevant data
- Use accurate ML/AI for user optimization
- Improving the UI