Last year, we attended TCF sessions that provide mentorship to middle school students. We realized there is a large chunk of student that is not getting enough counselling during middle school.
What it does
We provide an interactive game comprising of aptitude tests and techniques to get students' interests. Based on those, we devise career paths for students. Those students can then get professional counselling from our list of counsellors.
How we built it
We have built the following:
Mobile App: Providing interactive game with swipe option to choose likes/dislikes. Based on options selected, our algorithm, designed by aptitude test experts, will display possible career paths.
Web App: Option for schools, students and counsellors to register and connect with each other.
Challenges we ran into
- Considering our discussions with various educational mentors, it's very challenging to pitch and sell the idea to schools. So, we had to add more streams of revenue.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Strategizing and completing flow of our business model
What we learned
- Got better idea of issues in education sector, and selling to schools.
What's next for Mashal-e-Raah
- Getting customers onboard by approaching different schools.
- Contacting publishers and institutes for providing data analytics.