Being a college student--busy, naturally--, I'm unable to monitor the stock and crypto markets as closely as I'd like to. Because of this, I've missed out on some crazy market movements or I've realized a bit too late. Why stay powerless when I've got a computer and the skills to make it work for me?
What it does
market-tracker (because market-watch is apparently already a thing) lets users sign up to receive notifications if a virtual asset being watched falls above or below a price they set.
How it was built
used react for the frontend; the backend employed a mix of express (host the server), mongo db (store queries to watch), alpha vantage api (get market data), and twilio api (send sms notifications).
- The time crunch was kind of a pain
- Integrating the Twilio api wasn't exactly as its documentation suggested
- Limited testing availability (during production) because of the limitations on a free Alpha Vantage account
- First time using multiple apis in a web app :)
- Was able to work full stack