Merchandise NFTs are awesome but hard to execute for digital artists. We wanted to make a simple smart contract flow for adding merchandise manifestation functionality to NFTs.
What it does
Creates a derivative NFT from your owned 721. That can be traded and then burned by the owner to create a physical merch item.
How we built it
Using scaffold eth, open zepplin, next, ethers, moralis
Challenges we ran into
- Storing physical addresses is centralised
- Handling multiple, dependent interactions between all of frontend, backend and contracts.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- learning a lot
- working well as a team and agreeing on implementation
- getting the full system deployed (albeit the bugs!)
What we learned
- how to create composable nft contracts
- how to create moralis chain watchers to trigger centralised actions
- how to quickly architect the system as a team and execute
What's next for Manifest
- Production ready mvp
- launch publicly
- improve end-user and nft contract developer UX 10x
- Add verifiable QR/NFC chip to prove nft validity. (Using legitimate.tech)