The original idea was to make a semi-spooky game in unity while not knowing anything. It was a little ambitious I admit, but I now have what some would call paralyzing fear I call respect. We really wanted to demo something for the hack-a-thon though, but our semi-spooky game was nowhere near anything worth presenting. So, my teammate Victoria suggested using Love, which she heard off once before. This was halfway through the weekend so we both knew we did not have a lot of time. So we both entered the abyss again hopefully something to show for it by 9 am Sunday. The games are the stuff that we learn while playing around and understanding the language. The last game is not really a game but more of proof of concept.

What it does

provides 10s of minutes of entertainment

How we built it


Challenges we ran into

Trying to get the game to execute, the process to create the .love file to run the game is oddly specific. Scraping a project 12 hours in.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

even though the fourth game is not fully operational the concept is great and it still makes me laugh

What we learned

unity is hard sleep is precious

What's next for Mangocade

Finish the fourth game, actually finish the semi-spooky game

Built With

Share this project: