The desire to provide a solution that would enable the success of missions, through ensuring that our nation's energy infrastructure is secure.
What it does
Secure communication channel between a high assurance and low assurance domain.
How we built it
Building minimum necessary code to create a functional prototype, using an arduino and raspberry pi to simulate an ICS and SCADA network.
Challenges we ran into
- Setting up SmokeVPN
- Building ICS through arduino
- Connecting raspberry pi to the network
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Successfully implementing the SmokeVPN on the raspberry pi
- Developing a simple solution that is repeatable
What we learned
- Hardware integration
- Software development
- Teamwork makes the dream work
What's next for Magic Wire
Going to the Pentagon on Tuesday to present our concept and design to the Air Force Office of Energy Assurance as well as the CISO and Deputy CTO of the Air Force.